Monday, September 22, 2008

Are you sooooo excited?

Zeena, here. You may be surprised to find out that it's been AZEEM who has been posting so far!

So everyone is saying, "You must be soooooo excited!". Is it ok to actually admit that I'm not "sooooo excited"? Well sure, a little bit. But honestly I'm more scared, nervous, anxious, overwhelmed and stressed out than anything else.

We are first time parents, and well this is not the "normal" way to do things. On top of the weirdness of the whole process, comes this feeling that my life will NEVER be the same the moment I step on that plane. And really, I have liked my life!

How will I feel when I get handed that bright eyed little girl? Won't her first moments with us be of fear and terror? How will she feel being taken out of her home? And how will we cope with suddenly become parents in one quick cab ride? How does one go from supremely independent to suddenly being responsible for another human being?

Those are the bigger questions. But even the small ones get me: how do you mix formula? How much should I spend on socks? What is a cereal bottle? How do I steralize a nipple? Oh my.

I know it will all work out. I have faith in us and in this process. But this is the beauty of a BLOG- a chance to let it all hang out.

8 comments:

Kristi W. said...

Zaleeya is GORGEOUS!!!! Those eyes just get me!!! :) I'm so glad you all started a blog and I am excited to follow along on your trip. I'm sure you will be a pro at the parenting thing in no time! I can't wait to see the pics of you with your precious daughter for the first time. Have a great trip!!!

Kristi W. - from Dillon forum(werrefamily.blogspot.com)

Julie & Patrick said...

Round eyes, cute button nose...you must have been melting with each picture you received.

We were first time parents too...scared to death and excited at the same time, just like you. It will be great, but hold on...it is an adventure of a lifetime.

Happy travels...so excited to share your journey!

Julie R - Dillon mom to Devi
bornofindia.blogspot.com

Candice said...

I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your journey and see pictures of you with your new little one! Congratulations!

Candice - Dillon mom
(grownbyadoption.blogspot.com)

Sherri said...

I think your feelings are like any new parent. I remember people asking me if I was just ready to have Daniel (especially since it was summer and he was late). And, I was thinking I know what to do with him when he is inside, but I am not so sure of when he comes out -- I was fine being pregnant. But you figure it out one minute and day at a time. You are going to be great parents! And, I am soooo excited for you!

Pam said...

Ahh I remember those first moments of terror. ;) May take you a bit to get over it! Don't worry that is so normal!!! Zaleeya is just simply gorgeous! I can't wait to follow your trip.
Pam - Dillon Momma to Micah
www.theplacecalledhome.blogspot.com

LAsgirlknowledge said...

You guys hang in there with the pills and shots. It's all worth it in the long run, I know you know that! Glad California could take care of you! And Zeena, I won't get political either! LOL. We love you guys, I think a trip to Nashville is still in your future. Lots of kid friendly stuff out here.

Love, John and Leigh Ann

Anonymous said...

Zeena and Azeem! Zaleeya is an absolute cutie and looks like a little version of Zeena. I am thrilled for you both and KNOW that you guys will be fabulous parents.

I am looking forward to following along in your journey to bring Zaleeya home.

I look forward to meeting Zaleeya when you get home and settled.

Love and much joy!

Beth

Amy said...

Congrats on your beautiful little girl! I would love to add you as a viewer to my blog. Please email me and I can give you access.

AmyT (Simeon's Mom)
amyjo_99@hotmail.com