Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Version of a Baby Book

So everyone keeps saying, "you should put that in your baby book!". Well honestly, I am not crafty and barely have photo albums, so this blog is going to have to suffice. I figured it will have everything Zaleeya needs someday minus the strip of hair and first tooth. I can actually do video here, so I would say that a blog is better!


So in the spirit of her baby book, today's post is just a quick relay of her current major accomplishments. Still hesitant in walking, she is quite capable but still hasn't quite decided yet that she WANTS to walk as her primary mode transportation. She is finally settled into a schedule of one nap a day averaging 1.5 hours (though today she went 2.5 hours!!) and nightime continues to get better with usually only 1 to 2 wake ups. Mom is still quite tired (yes this is a quite appropriate picture of how daddy finds her most evenings).



She stills babbles a whole lot with her only intelligible word being "Giggy" (for Ziggy). She is starting to understand phrases such as "stand up" and "put your foot down" (when she's at the dinner table- her foot makes a constant apprearance). She likes to play with legos and tupperware and cups and anything she can chew up and spit out. She is teething big time; contantly drooling, fussy, chewing on things and drooling some more. She LOVES the bath and would spend hours there if allowed. And she still tolerates the stroller long enough for mom to get exercise.


There she is in a nutshell! We are venturing out more often now so we even have a picture with SANTA! She was quite facinated by the big white man with funny fur on his face. :)

7 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Sounds like Zaleeya is doing great!! You are such a beautiful family. I enjoy seeing the photos of you all together.
I use our blog as a journal with photos. Just the other day I was reading back on entries I did a couple years back...it is fun. Zaleeya is going to love reading through your blog when she is older. Keep those posts coming :-)

April

Kristi W. said...

Did you know you can even print out your blog into a book? I found blurb books, it's kind of expensive, but haven't found another way besides cutting and pasting everything into another program. Anyway, thought I'd mention it! :) Zaleeya is doing so great and reminds me so much of Daya when we first brought her home. I'm glad that she is sleeping better...hopefully you'll be getting a full uninterrupted night sleep soon!

Kristi

Candice said...

Such a cute pie! I'm glad she was not afraid of Santa! You are going to have such a fun Christmas this year!

CandiceS

The Labontes said...

I'm there with ya - not crafty, so this is so perfect. Wish I had done it for my older two.

She looks great, sounds like she's doing wonderful!
Kristy

Peter and Nancy said...

She looks really calm with Santa -- lots of little ones scream their heads off. :o) I have a baby book for Anya Rashi (it's the kind you write in, not a scrapbook) that's designed for an adopted child, but so far all I've done is shove photos, etc. inside the cover. Some January night I'll write in it -- meanwhile, the blog is way more thorough.

She is SO cute, and you three look wonderful together!
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Love to follow along with these kiddos' progress and Zaleeya is doing great!! Love those piercing eyes and the hair...oh! the hair ;)

Your family of 3 looks so happy and like you are enjoying every minute or it...even with lack of sleep!

Julie R

Anonymous said...

What a darling! I love reading the Blog and catching up on the Dhalla's!

Zaleeya is a doll!

Happy Holidays!

Love you guys!